Updated: June 6, 2021
What is Alpha?
An alpha male is someone who is in control.
He is a logical thinker.
People and things do not govern his life.
He has the financial and social freedom to do as he pleases, regardless of society’s opinion or beliefs.
Breaking Down “Alpha”
Alpha’s have unique, identifiable characteristics that separate them from the average man.
Alpha’s dominant every aspect of society.
Alpha’s tend to be highly successful because they have embraced and overcame failure due to a tenacious drive to be the best.
I LOVE movies and find myself drawn to the same actors over and over.
Not only the roles they play (usually drama/action movies), but they way they carry themselves.
Denzel Washington, Tom Cruise, George Clooney – just a few of the men that stay consistent no matter the role that they play.
From demeanor to appearance; these men embody all that is alpha.
This is part 1 of a 3 part series. Check out parts 2 and 3 below.
Below are 15 of my favorite alpha male characters in movies.
Pay attention to the following:
- Verbal Language: Pace, word choice, pausing, delivery
- Body Language: Confidence, deliberate movements, posture
- Demeanor: Assertiveness, confidence, assurance
1. Brad Pitt – Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
2. Ryan Gosling – Jacob Palmer (Crazy Stupid Love)
3. George Clooney – Danny Ocean (Ocean’s 11/12/13)
4. Daniel Craig – James Bond (Casino Royale, Quantum of Solace, Skyfall)
5. Marlon Brando – Terry Malloy (On the Waterfront)
6. Vince Vaughn – Trent Walker (Swingers)
7. Tom Hardy – Forrest Bondurant (Lawless)
8. Vin Diesel – Taylor Reese (Knockaround Guys)
9. Al Pacino – Vincent Hanna (Heat)
10. Robert DeNiro – Neil McCauley (Heat)
11. Russell Crowe – Bud White (LA Confidential)
12. Christian Bale – Patrick Bateman (American Pyscho)
13. Will Smith – Hitch
14. Alec Baldwin – Blake (Glengarry Glen Ross)
15. Tom Cruise – Vincent (Collateral)
There is a similar theme among these actors. No matter the role they play, they always appear in cool and in control. Their best asset is their communication skills, especially with women. They are unfazed in the heat of action (or so they appear), and always seem to say and do the right thing.
Do you see embody these characteristics?
Are there any other memorable movie scenes?
Share with me below!
Until next time.
Also, be sure to check out the archives for more articles you will love!